San Antonio launched on 15 September 2016.
Location & Times
Recovery at San Antonio is hosted by Chapel Hill United Methodist Church which is located at 4114 SW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX 78227.
See the map below.
Recovery at San Antonio meets every Thursday evening.
- Food & Refreshments Served at 6:00 PM (CST)
- Recovery & Worship Begins at 7:00 PM (CST)
- Sharing Groups Commence at 8:00 PM (CST)
- Activities Conclude Around 9:00 PM (CST)
Sharing groups offer an amazing level of support in one's recovery. Each of our sharing groups is a safe place where you can listen to the experience of others as well as share your own feeling and concerns if you'd like. Each group is facilitated by a trained volunteer who has personal experience in the issues on which the group focuses. Our facilitators ensure the group rules are followed by all of the participants sot that everyone can have a positive, supportive experience.
The following sharing groups are available as part of Recovery at San Antonio.
- Chemically Dependent Men
- Chemically Dependent Women
- Dealing with Grief, Loss and Pain
- Family Support
Guidelines For Sharing Groups
- Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Please limit your sharing to 3-5 minutes.
- There will be no cross talk, please. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in dialogue excluding all others. Each person is free to express his/her feelings without interruption.
- We are here to support one another. We will not attempt to "fix" another.
- Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is share din the group stays in the group!
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered group.