Sharing groups offer support in your recovery. Each of our sharing groups is a safe place where you can listen to the experiences of others as well as share your own feelings and concerns, if you'd like. Each group is facilitated by a trained volunteer who has personal experience in the issues on which the group focuses. Our facilitators ensure the group rules are followed by all of the participants so that everyone can have a positive, supportive experience.
Each Recovery At Cokesbury location offers a specific set of sharing groups. Groups at Recovery at Cokesbury Knoxville include:
- Chemically Dependent Men
- Chemically Dependent Women
- Women Conquering Codependency
- Men Conquering Codependency
- Family Support
- Men Seeking Sexual Integrity
- Women Seeking Sexual Integrity
- Precovery (Children ages 5-12)
See the location you're interested in visiting for information about the sharing groups offered at that location.
Guidelines For Sharing Groups
- Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Please limit your sharing to 3-5 minutes.
- There will be no cross talk, please. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in dialogue excluding all others. Each person is free to express his/her feelings without interruption.
- We are here to support one another. We will not attempt to "fix" each other.
- Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group!
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.
Current Registered Classes
All Classes meet at the North Campus, 9919 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37922.
MEN'S 12 STONES (12 Step Study - Part 1)
We’re starting a new series for men this Fall that we’re Calling “Twelve Stones: A study of the Twelve Steps.”
We will be teaching the Twelve Steps in sections throughout the year. Part 1 will work with Steps 1-3 and will begin Saturday, November 10 from 9-10:30 am. It will be a five week class ending Saturday, December 8.
If you have never taken a class on the steps you need to. Do it now. You’ll be glad you did.
Teachers: George Craddock, Paul Boyles and Steve Nicole
Anger is perfectly natural and a common emotion. It can be experienced via mild irritation, furious rage or can be internalized and come out as depression. What is important is not the occurrence of anger, but it's management.
Teachers: Vicky McDaniel & Greg McFadden
Other Registered Classes at Recovery at Cokesbury
Search for Significance
Not currently offered. Please call the office at 865.246.0449 if you have any questions about this or other classes.
Not currently offered.
Not currently offered. Do you need to learn how to say not without feeling guilty? Do you wonder when it's okay to say yes? Are you a nice liar but a mean honest person? Is anger the primary boundary you use? If you said yes to any of these questions, Boundaries is a great resource for you!
Not currently offered.
Women Seeking Sexual Integrity
This has transitioned into one of our regular Open Share Groups. It is offered for women who struggle with serial dating, love addiction, pornography and other sexual addiction issues.
Sign up for these classes by signing the sheet in the Guest Services area on Thursday nights, clicking the link above, emailing email@example.com, or calling the Recovery Office at 865-246-0449.